AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using Google Analytics filter on Adwords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi. I've linked my Google Adwords Account to Analytics, which is tracking the data, however I'd like to be able to use the filter function on Adwords itself. Whenever I try filtering the keywords by using Analytics data it doesn't work, like it isn't or hasn't recorded any data. How do I solve this? 

Thanks a lot!

Re: Using Google Analytics filter on Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Phil,

go in My Account > Preferences and check Auto Tagging in Tracking preference

Have a good day

Marco

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Marco, thanks for your reply. The Auto Tagging was already checked. If I go onto my keywords - then say create a filter of bounce rate > 10%, no keywords show - even though pretty much every keyword has a higher bounce rate than that. Again if I change it to visit time > 10 seconds, no keywords show. I can get this data in the analytics page, but not through Adwords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you don't apply any filter can you see the keywords in the AdWords section in Google Analytics?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
All the Keywords show fine in the Adwords section of Analytics yes, it's just using the filter option on Adwords where it doesn't show any data: Filter > Create filter > Analytics > Bounce rate > Apply = No campaigns match all of the filters.

Do I have to do another link somewhere?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you imported your Analytics data into Adwords?
My account>Linked Account>Google Analytics and then select your profile
Now in your Adwords Account you can add new columns with your analytics data and filter it.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
This seems to the problem Marco. It's saying "None of your views are available for linking due to your account settings". What setting should I change now?

Thanks a lot!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You need admin's privileges in both Adwords and Analytics account (same email). Try follow this steps https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2617364?&hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for that. That seems to have done the trick for my campaigns where the Site is under 'account' in Analytics. However I still can't get the accounts linked where the site is under 'Property'. I have the correct account site linked and selected in the 'Adwords Linking' account section of Analytics. I have both 'With google products only' and 'anonymously with google and others' selected. Autotagging is also enabled in Adwords. Is there something else I have forgotten?