AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using Custom Conversion Values with Shopify

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Shopify store with three different products, and my ad words account manager is running an optimization script that tries to maximize profit using the price of each product as the revenue value. The problem with this is it isn't including the production costs of each product (just the advertising costs), so some sales are being recognized as profitable when including the production costs would actually make the sale occur at a loss.

I think I can fix this by changing the conversion value from the price of the product to the price minus the production costs, but am not exactly sure how to implement this. I suspect I can change this line of the ad words code to implement this:

if ({{ subtotal_price }}) { var google_conversion_value = {{ subtotal_price | money_without_currency }}; }

I'm not sure how to implement the logic that would recognize each particular product, then assign a constant value though. Has anyone done something like this before?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using Custom Conversion Values with Shopify

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Evan. This is a Shopify-specific issue and I think you'd have more chances of finding a solution on the Shopify forum.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.