AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using 'Calls from Website' and 'Calls from Mobile Website' together

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've installed the 'Google AdWords Conversion Tracking code for conversion action Calls from Website' on a clients' site. Everything is all good on that end.

They are re-directing mobile device users to a different page on the site and want to track the calls from that page using 'Google AdWords Conversion Tracking code for conversion action Calls from Mobile Website'.

From what I can tell, the snippet that must be added to (<a onclick="goog_report_conversion('tel:949-555-1234')" href="#" >CALL NOW</a>) is for a specific phone number?

My question is how can I use the 2 tracking techniques together so I can track the Google-generated phone number using the 'Mobile Website' tracking also? What value needs to be in place of 'tel:949-555-1234' in the example above?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using 'Calls from Website' and 'Calls from Mobile Website' togethe

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I'd suggest creating two different conversion codes (one for Google forwarding number on normal website and the other for mobile site) as altering conversion codes may lead to discrepancy at a later stage. You'll just have to paste the right code on the appropriate page to simultaneously use both tracking codes.

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually, I just checked using Google Chrome's tag assistant and I'm getting an error for my Call Metrics: There is a JavaScript error in the body onload attribute

http://returf.com.au

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does anybody have any ideas why I'm getting the error? Everything looks right to me.

Thanks!