AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using {AoiCityCriteriaId} To Create Dynamic Location Landing Pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am interested in setting up dynamic URLs based on a users location in my search campaigns so that I don't have to build out separate campaigns for each city. To do this, I will need to pass the user location into the URL so that the page can dynamically change based on this info. 

I found this ValueTrack attribute 'AoiCityCriteriaId' which matches the ID of the city associated with the impression. 

So, I’m thinking I could create a tracking template like:

{lpurl}?AoiCityCriteriaId ={AoiCityCriteriaId}

Then when a user from Seattle searches and clicks on our ad the URL will be www.example.com/?AoiCityCriteriaId=1027744 and we can dynamically create a page that changes when it sees 1027744 vs a different city number. Anyone have any insight into if what I’m saying is correct and can be used like this? If so, has anyone tried something like this before and will I run into any issues with adding in other tracking afterwards?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Emily B,

The exact same question was asked by Ian M. Please, do not ask a question more than once on this forum. Asking twice just creates confusion.

It looks to me that AoiCityCriteriaId is a field in the API, not a value track. See this page for Value Track parameters: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6305348?hl=en-GB

There are 2 Value Track parameters that might be suitable: {loc_interest_ms}, {loc_physical_ms}. You can download a list of city locations here: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/geotargeting

If you are targeting people located in your targeted area, use the second one. If you are targeting also those interested in the location, you may need to look at both and determine which you want to use.

Your URL will be something like this:
www.example.com?physical={loc_physical_ms}&interest={loc_interest_ms}

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My apologies, I accidentally posted from the wrong account. The duplicate post has since been deleted. Thanks for your help, super helpful!