AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

User Queries of Live Chat

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We are using a live chat software on our website. Users come to our website and do chat with us on that chat software through search campaign.

Is there any we can know which queries actually brought users to chats?

Right now i can see what are the queries users are typing into google search but do not know which queries brought chats?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
April 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Search terms report is the only method Google provides  to track the queries which  triggered the click.

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: User Queries of Live Chat

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I want to the qeries which triggered chats. Did you get my point?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I did. To clarify: Google provides only the query  which directed the user, upon clicking to the landing page. It doesn't analyze the behavior  or the engagement of the user on the landing page.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Zaheer,

Most chat providers have a way of recording interactions as events in Google Analytics. You can then create a goal for the event(s) and import them into AdWords.

Contact your chat provider and ask them how. If they don't offer this, consider changing providers to someone who does, because this kind of conversion data can be very valuable.