AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

User Location not present in Geographic Report

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have consistently found a user location (my understanding is this represents a searchers physical location) of Boxburough Massachusetts across many accounts. I run national campaigns with geo modifier keywords, none of which target Boxburough or even Massachusetts. I recognize that there are always one offs, however the impressions are notable. When I tried to reference the geography report to see if this location was generating impressions as a result of location or search intent I could not find Boxburough Mass in the geo reports. 

So I have two questions...

It is my understanding these reports present similar data, user location represents physical location by IP address and the geo is a hybrid of physical location by IP and search intent (location of interest). As a result I would expect to see Boxburough Mass in this report by physical location also. Why is it not in the geo report if it is in the user location report?

Also, what or who is generating all these impressions in Boxburough Mass? I see notable impressions month over month across a multitude of accounts, it is odd. 

Re: User Location not present in Geographic Report

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Who can help David-Ray?
Zee
G+