AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Use conversion tracking on payments via wire transfers and convenience stores

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, we have an online business that mostly receives payment of purchases via convenience stores and occasionally wire transfers. We have a 3rd party system that notifies our sales application when a payment was made (usually it takes up to 24hrs to process a payment), but it's very common that the customer in the end doesn't make the payment and lets his order to expire, thus he has to regenerate a purchase order if he wants to try to pay again, if not he very well could walk away.

Because of this I can't use a "Thanks for your purchase" page to embed the tracking conversion script, if I do that I'll be tracking fake leads, since isn't assured that the customer will pay in the end. I want to make a conversion tracking when I receive the money, and that happens in the backend with no user/customer interaction.

How can I benefit of conversion tracking in this case? I have made some research but everywhere they talk about using the javascript code in an html page, in my case that's not possible. Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding the real purpose of the conversion tracking tool?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Use conversion tracking on payments via wire transfers and convenience stores

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
If you use a "Thanks for your purchase" page that has order IDs in it, like:

/order-complete/?orderid=1234

Then you could at least find out the keyword/ad/location etc of the lead part.

Then any that are paid for, can be matched manually to the lead details.

Ideally you could import and match the payment data but AdWords doesn't offer that...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cézar A
July 2016

Re: Use conversion tracking on payments via wire transfers and convenience stores

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, in the end I think I'm going to count a lead when showing the "Order received" page (which is somewhat my "thanks page"), it will not ensure that a sale was made, but at least will give me feedback to see if the AdWords campaign is making effect.

Thanks.