AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Uploading a file from my PC to a certain place on my website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to know how to upload a file (I just downloaded it to my PC from Google Analytics) to my website in order to verify my website?

I am not actually putting it on my website but into the verification box that follows my site. I hope this makes sense.  Anyway,

I have this file from Google with all of my other downloaded files; I need to upload it into another place on my PC; do I have to use FTP?  If so, then how would I do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Uploading a file from my PC to a certain place on my website?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi renelmiller0120,

Google asks you to either upload that file to the root directory of your site or place a meta-tag on your home page to verify ownership.

If your web site runs from the same computer as where you download that file, or if you have a shared folder on another compter where your web site runs, you can just copy that file into the appropriate folder. Then, navigate to that page and be sure it can be found. After that, you can request verification for Analytics.

Otherwise, FTP could be an option. How do you upload your html files to your web site? Do the same thing wiht Google's verification file.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords