AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Upload sitelinks with different final URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Community,

I want to upload sitelinks with the same text but different final URLs. I have already changed my settings to "Create new sitelink if final URL is different", yet when I upload the sitelinks its still changes the campaign parameter I have in my final URL. It used to work for me before so I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

I have the Adwords Editor version 11.3.2. Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks!!!

Inès

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Upload sitelinks with different final URLs

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Can't seem to reproduce. For me, a new sitelink is created when I export, change the URL, and import back.

What do you mean by "campaign parameter"? Could you describe in more detail what you are trying to do?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well I have a utm parameter in my URL for the campaign name. Therefore, I want every sitelink to have different URLs depending on the campaign they are in.

It works for some Campaigns but not for others. Is there anything else I need to take into account other than changing the settings?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
I'm still not sure I understand. "Create new sitelink if final URL is different" setting applies to CSV import and Make Multiple Changes tool. Is this what you are using? If so, can you show an example of the data you are importing, and in particular the row that doesn't import the way you expect?

If you are not using CSV Import or Make Multiple Changes, then the setting is irrelevant. In this case, could you explain, step by step, what operations you perform, the outcome you expect, and the result you observe?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was using the CSV Import Function.

Everything worked again once I restarted my computer the next day. Must have been some kind of bug. Thanks for the help anyway!