AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Update Conversion value by KeyWord through Google Adwords API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there,

I have created a new conversion type in my google adwords account, e.g, "Opp Created", and I have set up several keywords, then I would like to use google adwords API to update the "Opp Created" conversion value by using keywords. Is it possible to do this?  Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Yucheng

Re: Update Conversion value by KeyWord through Google Adwords API

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Yucheng, how are things?

If I understood correctly, you want to be able to update your conversions value field by reaching Adwords data by API, is that correct?

If that's the case, although it seems possible some how, you would have some problems, and one of them is delayed information. Adwords doesn't have information in real-time, which means that the information used to update your value might be wrong.

The best use of the value field in my opinion is to calculate the average spend for you over the past 1 or 2 month and update your value based on that. It's a manual step rather than automatic, but it's more trustworthy in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click