AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Unique ID for click logging?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am still new to Adwords and trying to learn what is possible for my own external logging.

I setup my own custom logging on my landing pages. What I would like to do is be able to track the actual clicks back to Adwords data. I need some sort of unique ID that I can reference back to the click. I see that valuetrack offers a random key. I can include that in my URL and log that but is there anyway to track that back to Adwords? Either manually (just looking in Adwords) or through the Adwords API?

I would like to be able to pull some more information back into my logging app like the price of the click and the actual search term.

I was thinking that the valuetrack random key could work but I cannot seem to find anywhere to link that back to.

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Unique ID for click logging?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

If you link your adwords and analytics accounts and your URL will have a unique value called gclid which should help you in your logging.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the help Nik. I do have my analytics account link to my adwords account. I have not seen a gclid in the URL but I can do some more testing.

If I do end up with it in the URL where can I track that back to? I am not seeing it in the URLs in analytics or anything? I am not sure what I can do with it?

Thanks again.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

You can set this gclid as a custom variable and then using analytics API you can pull information like search query.

Does that help?

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog