AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Unexplained disparity from Adwords CPC (200 ) to sessions from CPC (2)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unexplained disparity from Adwords CPC (200+) to sessions from CPC (6) for the same time period. Website is very low volume. A total of 40 sessions recorded for the time period. Direct and Organic (24) and from Adwords Referral(10). CPC was a total of 6. I reviewed the uniqueIDs of each user. most of which were direct or organic. Google is not being cooperative.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Randy B
August 2016

Re: Unexplained disparity from Adwords CPC (200 ) to sessions from CPC (2)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, you got it right. This is the issue which caused so much discrepancy between sessions and clicks.

Also you need to place the Google Analytics Tracking code on all the pages of your website( or more precisely all the pages of your user funnel) if you want to track the user journey on your site.

More details here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008080?hl=en

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Randy,

Can you please explain what do you mean by 200+. Is it clicks or sessions ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Clicks. Don't believe that 'sessions' are mentioned in Adwords Reporting.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Randy,

There is a huge difference between your Clicks and sessions. I suggest you to check if you have enabled auto-tagging in Adwords or all of your campaign URLs are properly tagged.

I just asked about the sessions to get more clarity about question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My Adwords and Analytics are linked. How can I have so many clicks 200 compared with only 6 session for the same time period?
I can see the clicks/sessions from Referrals, I can see the organic and direct. Mostly me and my team addressing the site. I am convinced something is amiss here.

Auto Tagging. I can get to the landing page with ?glcid=test-123.... However there was an earlier campaign that never ran with an improper landing page due to an attempt to use a bookmark.

Analytics Reporting 'Adwords' shows 200+ clicks thru a 2 week period but the 'Sessions' chart only show '2' on only one day the rest of the days are zero.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Randy,

Just linking Adwords and Analytics account is not enough. You need to tag all your URLs properly or use Auto-Tagging if you want.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I only have one landing page for all of my adwords/campaign. I did everything through the implementation team at Google. I certainly have no problem with tagging each page but why wouldn't the implementation team have me do that?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In the middle of the night I remembered that the Implementation guy only had me place google code into my default.html page not my landing page. Nothing was done with the landing page itself. Is that possibly my issue?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Randy B
August 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, you got it right. This is the issue which caused so much discrepancy between sessions and clicks.

Also you need to place the Google Analytics Tracking code on all the pages of your website( or more precisely all the pages of your user funnel) if you want to track the user journey on your site.

More details here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008080?hl=en