AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to Download AdWords Reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

With the new AdWords interface I am unable to download the Search Terms Report. 

The Download button is just greyed out when I try to click it.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Solution - use the old interface.

I've heard from multiple people that they are using both interfaces - they like the new one, but it isn't complete and so they pop back to the old one for features that are only there.

Why Google is rolling out an incomplete product is anyone's guess.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

As Rob suggested, we use both interfaces.

The Alpha interface is a beta product... "still being baked", as us developers often say. By having user engage with it, it helps with further development to perfect its operations. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Typically, software goes through two stages of testing before it is considered finished. The first stage, called alpha testing, is often performed only by users within the organization developing the software. The second stage, called beta testing, generally involves a limited number of external users.

That's why it is called Alpha. I can imagine that giving it to a few thousand users as a trial, and giving them a place to discuss the product would make sense. I don't get the major roll out. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Rob,

Well the systems vary... and the reasons do, too. I started as a paid alpha software tester for another international software developer back in 1997/1998 and have done so off and on since then in various capacities. 

When an internal team feels they have carried the software to a certain level of completeness (could be 60% or 99%), they will open it up (release it) to a larger pool of participants. These can be closed (private) tests or open (public) tests.

The feedback mechanism can be a place to discuss (forum, etc.) or a feedback link within the product. When I alpha tested MS Office, we were given both, but when alpha testing the operating systems, we were given a feedback link within the software. Most all feedback systems I have seen for the past few years (or more) is via a link within the product. It makes the process easier for all involved. 

For AdWords Alpha, you can open it and click on the ? in the upper right hand corner and provide any feedback as to what you think, what to add, what errors you encounter, screenshots, etc.. All of this will improve the product, fix issues and speed the addition of those missing features.   

You can generally know that you are using a beta product still being baked when there are two versions in the wild. This is your signal that the new version still have some issues. 

I advise using both layouts, even with the limitations, so one can get use to the new layout/features. We try to spend equal time in both now.... although we greatly prefer the classic.  

All the Best,

James