AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Unable To Track Conversions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Smiley Happy

+thanks for helping in previous post.

I have my Digital products demos on my own domain "A" and clients are purchasing my product on separate domain "B"(B is popular digital product selling market).

When someone clicks on my add and lands on my website A i have small js code that i found here wich is adding gclid parameter to any link on my site A that point to B domain where customers can buy my product. Short scheme: 

1. User clicks on our ad
  2. Ad leads to a landing page A (Also, we save the “gclid” parameter as a cookie for 30 days and append it to the links each time that user returns to our site)
  3. User clicks on a link, leading to B domain, GCLID added to url  (looks like this http://www.domainb.com/myproduct/?gclid=abcdefgdgfddgdfgdg),
  4. User makes a purchase
  5. The conversion is recorded and reflected both in Analytics and in AdWords (accounts are linked)

Domain B allowing me just to put my analytics Tracking ID and that's all, i can't edit pages to add conversion tracking code on purchase page.

guide-1-image-6

So to say shortly if someone will purchase my product from my domain A i can track this as conversion, problem is:

After navigating from A to B point my customers not purchasing my products, they need some time 1-2 days before make decision.Second B domain is popular digital product selling market and most of my customers are remembering that market url of my products and after few days when they deciding to purchase -they purchasing by navigating directly to that digital market page (on B domain) passing my domain A. Problem is that i can't track that purchase as my conversion, because they landing directly on page B and landing page URL don't have gclid parameter in URL.

So is there a way to do something in this situation?

I need something like this - when someone will navigate from my domain A to domain B - to be able to transfer not only gclid parameter but to transfer some information that will create cookie for that domain B that will let analytics to know that this user came from add and if user purchase my product even after few days from domain B without visiting my domain A it will track as conversion?

Or maybe yuo have some other better Ideas?

Please note again: Domain B allowing me just to put my analytics Tracking ID and that's all, i can't edit pages to add conversion tracking code on purchase page.

Domain A and B have different properties in G Analytics, maybe there is some way that will let know property  B that this user already was on A domain few days ago and if it makes purchase on Domain B to track it as conversion? something like cross-domain tracking?

Thank You!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unable To Track Conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Royal Flush T,

Hard to say if this will work without seeing the underlying code on domain B. Yes, you will need to implement cross domain tracking. Adding the gclid to the query string when sending traffic to domain B won't do much for you unless domain B can report back which of those gclid values converted. If you can get that data, you could manually upload the conversion data.

When you implement cross-domain tracking the gclid value will be appended when you send traffic to domain B and also sets a cookie that allows attribution of the conversion. The code on domain B must be set up to accept the cross domain tracking. In other words, cross-domain tracking has to be setup on both domains, A to send and B to receive. Once your tracking code is placed on domain B, you should be able to set a page visit as a conversion.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Unable To Track Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK. First off all thanks for reply!

Here is what i done:

I change my GA code to work in cross domain on my A domain, check image below, ( themeforest.net is B domain )

ToKgvIF

and here is what i found in B domain GA code (check image below) as i guess they accepting cross domain tracking. 

zQw7A3O

they have enable it to track visitors from they other marketplace pages that have different domains as i guess.

So based on this my cross domain tracking should work yes?

REGARDS!

Unable To Track Conversions

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Royal Flush T,

That all appears to be correct. Cross domain tracking should work. Is it actually working? Are you r conversions on site B being recorded in AdWords?

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords