AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Two conversion codes one account - the best setup ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an ecommerce website I want to track two types of conversions:

1. new user registration
  2. purchase+purchase value.

Website will be fueled by Adwords traffic using several campaigns (display campaign, remarketing campaign, search campaign).

How should I implement and handle these two types of adwords conversions, so I can get the best possible reports in adwords ?

p.s. currently I have custom reports set up in Google analytics and custom metrics for purchase, purchase value and user registration. But I'd like to have conversion metrics for these two types of conversions integrated into adwords

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two conversion codes one account - the best setup ?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Track Registrations: Do you have a specific "Confirmation Page" that would be shown only when users register? If so, you can generate a conversion tracking code and paste it on this page. I'd suggest creating such a page if there isn't one. You can chose to give a default conversion value to this if you like, or leave it blank. You'll have to ensure (by restricting site navigation) this page doesn't show up when users log in or do any other action, but shows up only when users register.

Track Purchases with Transaction Specific Values: I'd suggest having a "Thank You" page for this action and ensure it shows up only when users actually purchase. You can then generate a separate code for purchases (with dynamic conversion values) and paste it on the purchase confirmation page. More info on this here.

Importing Goals from GA: You can also import these two goals (registration & Purchase) from GA if you've linked AdWords & GA from both ends. More info on this here.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not formulate my question the way I wanted. Let me try again.

I have Google tag manager v2 installed on website, I use it to track events like new user registration and purchase+purchase value, I'm sending those events to G.Analytics using custom metrics. Those events [user registration and purchase] happen on same page, so there's no "thank you page" etc. Nevertheless implementing and triggering conversion tags on page is not an issue. I know how I'm going to do it using tag manager.

This question lies on Adwords side of interface. For example I have a campaign Sports shoes and I have two conversion codes, one for purchase and one for new user.
Purchase conversion code will have the price value of purchase, new user conversion code will transfer no 1 as one new user registered. .

If I understood this correctly, both codes will generate only one conversion value shown in adwords ? I do not understand how to split these two conversion values in one campaign view ? So I can measure impact of adwords campaign on purchase and new user registration separately.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author luka m
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Thanks for elaborating, Luka!

You can 'Segment' data by Conversion Name to get this split. You should be able to see the number of conversions as well as their values separately. More about segments here.

Feel free to write back if that doesn't help Smiley Happy

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar