AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to link my Adwords account to Analytics but it's not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this is probably a very basic question to most of you but I don't seem to be able to link my Adwords account to my Analytics one.

When I'm on my Adwords account I go under Linked Account > Google Analytics > then I briefly see the correct info before it changes to this message:

Google Analytics
Get better insight into your ad performance by linking your Google Analytics properties with AdWords.

Not seeing some of your Analytics properties? Learn more

I've looked at all the possible reasons and done all that was asked but it just doesn't seem to get through.

My Google Analytics Account is linked to my Adwords account but I can't seem to be able to do it the other way around...

Does anyone know what the problem is? Any help is welcomed!

Thanks
Max

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Max,

Great question. That page often takes a while to load. I recommend leaving it up for several minutes, and you should see the info load. If not, let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

Best,

John

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Social N,

Make sure you are using the exact same credentials for both your analytics and adwords login. If you are, then try switching browsers or clearing your cache to see if it populates the correct GA linking feature.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in my response. Do I need to be logged in both accounts at the same time to be able to do this? Right now I'm only logged in my Adwords Account and it just doesn't seem to work.

I have a different email login for my Google Analytics account though. 

Thanks for the help!

Max

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Unfortunately it has not worked out. Any idea is welcomed! 

Re: Trying to link my Adwords account to Analytics but it's not working

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Social N

That's your issue. The email login for your Adwords needs to be the same email login for your Analytics. So go into your admin permissions in Analytics and add your email (that you use for Adwords) to the permissions access.

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 9.05.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 9.05.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 9.06.10 AM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It works!! Thank you!!