AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

TrueView Video tracking? Will conversions appear in the Video AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our AdWords TrueView Video campaign has driven over 700 clicks to the site but showing 0 conversions.  We have Adwords tracking and Analytics on the page...but cannot see any conversion metrics.  Will these be attributed to the Video campaign in AdWords?  Otherwise, how do we know if it is working?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: TrueView Video tracking? Will conversions appear in the Video AdW

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Jon and welcome,

It's a good question Smiley Happy

Talking specifically about the Adwords video campaign, I would say that Adwords will update the statistics for Conversion (1-per-view) or many-per-view, if the user has clicked your video ad and has completed the desired action (which you consider as a lead or sale where the conversion tracking code has been installed in your website pages) within 30 days.

Hence if you only see video views and website clicks, then check if the code has been properly installed and are you getting conversion from other sources like regular text ads on search network, image ads on Display network etc...

I would also suggest you to look at on which domains your video ads have been showing and whether they are relevant to your business or not. If not, you might exclude them.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Jon, are your Adwords and Analytics accounts linked, and using auto-tagging?

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752125?hl=en

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Auto-tagging unfortunately doesn´t work with AdWords for Video, you need to manually tag links not to have them show as (not set) or (none /direct) in Analytics (can´t remember which it is).

URL builder is convenient for that

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David, can you give a little for clarification on manually tagging the links?

I am having the same problem as Jon. I have about 15 video campaigns, get about 10k views a month, with hundreds of clicks in each campaign but show absolutely no conversions in any of the campaigns. However in analytics I do show transactions and revenue from the same videos. Why do I not see any conversions in AdWords?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Josh

Actually, I think the auto-tagging issue has ben completely or partly solved since I wrote that. I.e. you should see your campaigns show up in GA as consuming clicks and bringing visits.

You write that you see conversions from "the same videos" i GA. Do you mean same "campaigns"?

Probably your issue relates to general tracking differences between AdWords and GA. I suggest you have a look at this article to start with https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en-GB