AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

TrueView In-Stream quartiles reporting question

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I see this statistic from a campaign with 2 ads . It is normal to have 5% of the people who reach 75% of the video and suddenly the end of the video, 100% of the video, is reached by 11% of the people (initial impressions) ?

Basically it tells me that from 19 impressions 5% (1 impression) has seen 75% of the video but 11% (2 impressions) have seen 100% of the video, which seems impossible to me Smiley Happy unless there is a way to Undo clicking "Skip Video"

how-is-this-possible.png

Re: TrueView In-Stream quartiles reporting question

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adrian,
Have you read this? "Keep in mind that because people may skip to different sections of the video, percent playback numbers won't always decline linearly."

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
This would be true for the In Display format where they can jump at will through the video but the TrueView In-Stream format does not have a "jump to time.." control.

Viewers of the TrueView In-Stream Ad only have a "skip" button which takes them to the video they initialy wanted to see, before the In-Stream Video Ad popped up.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is a screenshot of how a TrueView In-Stream Video Ad runs , one that I just took . There is a yellow progress bar , but it is not clickable to allow me to jump to a later time during the Video Ad.

I tried to click several times on the progress bar with no result

So If I am bored of seeing a really long TrueView In-Stream Ad , the only option I have is to "Skip Ad" after the initial 5 seconds.

true-view-in-stream.png

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Intriguing! You are right, let's see what other members will say about this?

Do you have access to the YouTube channel to check the audience retention report? it could give you more insights!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I have access to that youtube channel but I don't know what that report could tell me, the data in there will be available after 2 days.

Now I have seen that there is an option also to pause/play the Video Ad with a click on the "Play" triangle near the volume option of youtube.