AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Trouble fetching cost data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a rather big AdWords and GAP setup, including ~30 properties (incl. 1 roll-up) and approx.500 linked Adwords accounts. This in itself is not a problem as the Adwords linking is spread out for the multiple properties (and associated views). However, for the roll-up property (and view) that are linked with all the AdWords accounts we have lately faced the warning "This view is linked to many AdWords accounts. We may have trouble fetching cost data from AdWords".

Does anyone have experience with AdWords linking of this magnitude and setup? And how to avoid such warning (potential cost error) (we do need to maintain a roll-up property as aggregating data across all properties is simply too time consuming). 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trouble fetching cost data

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Kasper,

This question may be better suited for the Analytics section of the Community Form. Since you're talking about analytics 360 you may be best suited to talk with your account rep. That being said would it be possible for you to divide your roll-up property into multiple roll-up properties.

Another alternative Kasper would be to reduce the amount of properties you are using by using cross-domain tracking.
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cross-domain
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joshua

Thanks for replying. I don't think your alternative solution will work as reducing the number of properties will mean more AdWords per property. That being said, a solution could be to have multiple roll-ups although that will still be tedious when doing reporting.
We will contact our account rep. but I like the idea of discussion fora as it opens for other perspectives than just the usual given by acc. reps.

Btw. You might be right about this post should have been posted in the Analytics section.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Why is it not possible to reduce the number of analytics accounts. Any additional information would be useful.
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Why would we reduce the number of analytics accounts? We only have one with multiple properties assigned.

If you are referring to the AdWords accounts, the reason why we have so many accounts are due to the split by market and subsequently by type (organization wise).