AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Transferring Non-Active AdWords Campaign Data into New Active Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Our organization has utilized 2 different digital vendors over the past year to conduct our Google AdWords campaigns. Since each vendor required a different billing method, we created 2 separate Google AdWords accounts and manage them through AdWords Manager. 

• Vendor A was used from August 2016-December 2016. Their Google AdWords account is no longer active.
  • Vendor B took over January 2017 - Today.

The Ad Groups and Text Ads from Vendor A's account were essentially duplicated into a new account for Vendor B. This is where the problems begin.

We want to be able to review the performance of our Google AdWords efforts we began in August 2016 - Today. However, we're not able to do this since the data is split between 2 accounts. Even if we do combine the data into our cross-channel data warehouse, it's confusing to view because there are duplicate Ad Groups/Ad Texts. Please see mocked visualization below for reference. 

Capture2.PNGTop 5 Ad Groups By Impressions

To solve this problem, and allow my team to report on the combined efforts of our Google AdWords efforts, I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer the adwords data from the non-active account into the active account. I realize this may affect performance scores. However, having this historic reference is actually what I would want to happen since these adwords are technically the same, just in different accounts and ran at different times. Please let me know if anyone has any solutions they can recommend.

Best,

Gabrielle

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Gabrielle,

You can use AdWords Editor to shift campaigns from one account to another, but the historical data will not transfer.

I strongly doubt there is a way of achieving what you are wanting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for your advice. Your AdWords Editor solution will at least fix our problem moving forward. I was hopeful there was a way to transfer historic data, but haven't found any solutions for that as of yet. The only thing I can think of it pulling the raw data into a .csv file and tweaking it manually to match the other account data in our 3rd party data warehouse. 

If anyone else has run into a similar problem and has any other work arounds they could recommend, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you again!

Gabrielle