AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Transaction Accuracy in Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

I was reviewing one of my clients yesterday and came accross some inconsistancies..

They run an ecommerce store on Volusion, all the code is setup and running fine, with the conversion code setup where we can see thing as well as totals per transaction.. 

However as we compaired the data from the Volusion Transaction logs vs. The Transactions logs in Google Analytics just about each day of tracking was off by at least 2-10 orders sometime even more..

Any ideas why this is and how we can improve the data within Google Analytics?

Thx

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Transaction Accuracy in Google Analytics

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Williamrock,

There will always be inconcistencies in your analytics and your ecommerce reporting due to some broswer settings and other factors.

You say it can be off by 2-10 but what sort of percentage is this figure? Is it a low figure of around 5-10%?

Is the code correctly set up for transaction and item tracking?

Have you checked the time zone settings to make sure analytics is the same as your ecommerce reporting?

Check out this page on different data in analytics than in shopping cart service and if it doesn't help contact their support team to see if they are able to help you as it suggest on the page.

Let me know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition, I would also like to point you towards this reference of Analytics help center, which defines the differences in how Analytics make the tracking activities and might differ from other 3rd party softwares.

Take a look and it might shed some light for you as well!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Williamrock,

There will always be inconcistencies in your analytics and your ecommerce reporting due to some broswer settings and other factors.

You say it can be off by 2-10 but what sort of percentage is this figure? Is it a low figure of around 5-10%?

Is the code correctly set up for transaction and item tracking?

Have you checked the time zone settings to make sure analytics is the same as your ecommerce reporting?

Check out this page on different data in analytics than in shopping cart service and if it doesn't help contact their support team to see if they are able to help you as it suggest on the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition, I would also like to point you towards this reference of Analytics help center, which defines the differences in how Analytics make the tracking activities and might differ from other 3rd party softwares.

Take a look and it might shed some light for you as well!

Pankaj