AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Traffic Estimator Doubts and Issues

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi.

I wanted to know how to read the results correctly for my traffic estimator tool.

Please see Image below -

Screenshot

How do I judge the traffic estimation for daily clicks etc as I have shown in the screenshot. Very confusing. Please can someone show some meaning to it?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Traffic Estimator Doubts and Issues

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Here are possible reasons from google

But please understand that this is data which is average of a typical week and it depends on a lot of things including your account history

You recently created an AdWords account: If you're a new advertiser, your estimates are based on historical average data for all advertisers because we don't know anything about your particular business yet. We provide a rough average for your guidance until we know more about how your ads are performing.

You are targeting a small geographic region: You can expect results to be less accurate if you're targeting a small geographic location, simply because we have less data on which to base predictions.

You have the same, or very similar, keywords in different campaigns: Regardless of how many ads you have running on a single keyword, we'll show only one on each search results page. This means if you have similar or identical keywords in different ad groups or campaigns, your keywords are competing against each other. While Traffic Estimator will account for competition among similar and identical keywords that appear across ad groups in the same campaign, its estimates for these keywords might be less accurate. Traffic Estimator doesn't look at keywords across campaigns, so cross-campaign competition won't be accounted for in your estimates.

• You have similar keywords in the list for which you're estimating traffic: If you estimate clicks for two or more similar keywords, Traffic Estimator tries to predict how traffic will be divided between the overlapping terms. As a result, your estimates will be less accurate.

A full week of data is averaged to provide a daily estimate: Estimates are based on one week of data, and are averaged to provide daily estimates. Day-to-day traffic will vary, so consider an entire week's average rather than a single day's estimate.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

But they say daily  clicks - so that does not mean daily clicks exactly you mean?

How do I also know that once I start with this list of campaigns my ads will show up accuratley enough?

I also wanted to enquire that can we have more than one ad copy under a particular single campaign - say my campaign is for dentists can I have 2 sets of ad copy? If yes how does google deal with this since I can then figure out which one has received the highest clicks and then biase them accordingly. Or will I have to put them under different campaigns and not under the same one?

Please let me know

Thanks

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

1. Please dont take these figures as exact figures. Take them as more like indicators

2. For fractions which you are getting it works on weekely average so if weekly clicks are estimated at 10 daily clicks come to 1.4

Hope that explains it

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Sure so considering them for a week makes more sense. If My budge is low should I consider exact + phrase or only exact and then test and move to phrase?

Also can I have more than one ad copy in a single campaign?

Does go show simultaneously these ad copy's?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

If your budget is low then start with exact and then move to phrase and BMM, do track your conversions for each that way you will be able to figure out best use of budget.

You can have more than single copies in each campaign and even in each adgroup. Infact i always have 2 or 3 copies in each ad group at least

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Great. So say I have 2-3 copies in each ad group then how does google show these ads - I mean how frequent?

I think that will depend on QS and other factors right like Max CPC etc,.

Is it better to put keyword wise max cpc or max cpc should be put for the entire set of group ad ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni

Smiley Happy Thats a very complex subject

Study this http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=examstudy.cs

this should help you

Regards, Nik

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The QS part is complicated or the Individual CPC?

Let me know

thanks

Top Contributor Alumni
# 10
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi, tokumaraditya.

Actually, a lot of these questions you're asking are complicated. Smiley Happy  In AdWords, everything you do affects everything else you do. Because of that, trying to answer questions without overloading the poster with too much information is really hard. (Personally, I wind up rewriting half the Learning Center sometimes.)

The Traffic Estimator is just that--an estimate of the kind of traffic the keyword you're testing might have received if you had had a campaign active in the recent past. The numbers aren't exact, are affected by a lot of other factors, and are not a promise that your campaign or any campaign will receive that same amount of traffic in the future.

As far as how the system handles multiple ads existing in a single Ad Group, the answer is that the system rotates them, based on the settings you choose on the Campaign settings page.

How many ads you have in an Ad Group has no effect on how frequently your ads might be competing in ad auctions. How often your ads compete is controlled by your daily spending cap (how much money you have for clicks each day), the ad delivery speed you set on your Campaign Settings page for the campaign, and (very importantly), how competitive your ad is when compared to the competition.

Actually, theniks is correct.  Studying the exam certification material is the best way to learn how all of these pieces work. There's also a link to the overall AdWords Help Center on every page here in the forum.  I would guess that you'll be much more comfortable spending money on your advertising--and advertise more successfully--if you take a little time first to study how the system works.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*