AdWords
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking website conversions using dimmi widget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way for us to track conversions if we use the restaurant booking widget from Dimmi? Normally I place a conversion code on a "thank you page" but in this case, the URL always stays the same, similar to an iframe.

I found this article http://www.conversionvoodoo.com/blog/2010/05/how-to-track-conversions-without-a-conversion-page-in-g... but I'm not entirely sure if this is possible.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but when I click on the "inspect element" inside the widget, the last button the customers clicks on before confirming the booking is inside a div class like this:

<div class="continue-prompt">
<button type="submit" class="primary-button">Book<span class="now-word"> now</span></button>
</div>

Would it be possible to modify the Google Adwords conversion code to track clicks on the "Book" button? 

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Shervin,

I add conversion tracking to site multiple times every day. I came across Dimmi last week and I couldn't find a way to track it. When you use a widget you can't change the code, and there's no settings in Dimmi for a thank you page redirect.

Around 50% of 3rd party booking services have no way of tracking conversions, which is very short-sighted of them.

The other option is track clicks on a booking link using Analytics events. That won't count actual bookings though.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

I completely agree with you and cannot believe they do not offer such option.

Event tracking is always an option but it wouldn't allow us to optimize our ads based on conversions which is the reason it won't work for me. Did you read article I linked too? I've never heard to adjusting the Google conversion pixel code to trigger on clicks rather than impression but it possible, I need to find myself a good coder.

Kind Regards
Shervin

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

That's an old article. If you use the new Universal Analytics code, you simply need to add a single line of code within anything that is clickable to record an event.

I use this tool:

https://raventools.com/marketing-reports/google-analytics/event-tracking/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shervin,

I do hope you are well.

I am delighted to say that we can track conversions on the Dimmi widget. 

Simply forward your tracking ID to the Dimmi support team on support@dimmi.com.au along with the website URL and we can get it all set up for you.

If you would like to speak with us directly please do call us on 1300 337 761 or email us on the support@dimmi.com.au

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Declan

Dimmi Support

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Thanks for that Declan. I've contacted your support for our client. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Declan.

I've forwarded my pixel code to your support and awaiting this to be configured. Cheers

Shervin