AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking user journey

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm working on a project where I need to integrate with GA and AdWords to track user's journey starting from seeing my ad till landing on my page and submitting a form.

I know that in order to be able to do so, I need to link my GA with my AdWords first... 
Via GA I can get utm cookies of the visitor and extract the visitor's unique ID when they land on my page.

My question is, is there a way to link this unique ID that comes from GA with the an ID of users that views and clicks my ad?  In other words, I need to pull two campaign reports from GA before the use even land on my page. One report will be for impressions (views) and the other one will  be for ad clicks, were both reports should include a unique ID that will match the ID that comes from GA utm cookies... Is the possible?

Another question, can I also grab some useful information about the adword's viewer/clicker that does not include any PII or violate google's TOS, such as age range, gender, etc..?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Tracking user journey

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Mohamed,

Google Adwords and Google Analtics track each other very well, You don't need to add the extra UTM's ( unless you wanted to).

If you set up a GOAL in Analytics, for your Form submission, the goal will be tracked by source. If you import that Goal from GA into AW then it will also show in your Adwords account.

Google Analytics will track age, range, gender and all sort of great stuff.

I suggest you learn a bit more about analytics Here: https://support.google.com/analytics/?hl=en#topic=3544906

and you can ask specific questions about Analytics over at the product help forum
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics

Re: Tracking user journey

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eric,

Thanks for getting back to me. Your answer was helpful, however, what I'm looking for is a way to get the users' unique identifier for the campaigns I'm running programmatically using google's APIs before, and after they land on my page (when they view the ad, click on ad, and finally when they land on my page).

Thanks,
Mohammed