AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking template and ping in app install ads

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Currently I have an offer from an affiliate to promote an app, but they have the app with their own tracking link. In the app install ads, I tried to set up the ads with the final url pointing to the address of the app in Google Play, and place the tracking link of the affiliate in the tracking template.

But however, I can't see any conversion of the app. I have search the adwords documentation and find this Changes to app install click tracking in Display campaigns. It seems that I will never get the conversion from the affiliate because the click that lead the user to google play will not contain any token from the affiliate.

Am I correct about this? And if I want to promote the apps, can I use the mobile  app display  ads to achieve the goal, i.e., get the conversion from the affiliate.?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking template and ping in app install ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Max,
Yes, this is correct. Not what you wanted to hear I know.
There is a solution though. You can use BOTH IDs in the app. The affiliates and yours.
You'll need to implement it with Google Tag Manager though.

Hope that is a nudge in the right direction.

Re: Tracking template and ping in app install ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Dave,

BOTH IDs, do you mean the conversion tag(Tools -> Conversion -> App Conversion) ?Or in the google analytics? But I am not using the google analytics and the affiliate is not going to use it.

So it seems that there is no way to track the conversion since the affiliate don't know the click id and my affiliate id, hence no way to track my conversion through the affiliate's tracking system.