AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking offline conversions using manual upload

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are going to start using the API to push the conversions to Adwords. But before having it working I want to test sending in the offline conversions manually using excel. I've downloaded the template but the Conversion Time is confusing. 

Adwords Help describes Conversion Time like this: 

Conversion Time: the date and time that the conversion occurred. See the table below for a list of acceptable date formats (e.g. MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss). You can add a time zone to the conversion time by using one of the last two formats listed, and replacing “+zzzz” with the GMT offset by indicating + or - and then the 4 digit time difference. (For example, New York's offset is -0500, and Berlin's is +0100).

Currently the template looks like this for me: (with +2 GMT)

Parameters:EntityType=OFFLINECONVERSION;TimeZone=yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss+0200;

Q:

1. Do you need to specify a time zone - doesn't Adwords already know your current time, that is specified under Account preferences?

2. If you have to include this. Do I need to format the column to add the +0200 in the column as well or is it ok to just have the time zone in the Parameters template and have the column format for example as: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking offline conversions using manual upload

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Emile,

API is a very special issue therefore it seems advisable for you to post your query in the specific forum where the API guys are posting. This is their link:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-api

Thanks for your understanding.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I know that, I just mentioned that we are going to start using it. But that I wanted to use the manual upload first.
Here's a ref from G: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en
Here's the example file from G: http://www.gstatic.com/conversiontracking/conversion-import-template.xls

I've used that example file but it is not working.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Emile,

Now I see your point.

1. Do you need to specify a time zone - doesn't Adwords already know your current time, that is specified under Account preferences?

Yes, you need to specify the time zone in the Parameters row even though that is specified under the AdWords Account Preferences. Just regard it as part of an identity check. To set your account's time zone, enter your GMT offset by indicating + or - and then the 4 digit time difference in the Parameters row of the excel sheet.

2. If you have to include this. Do I need to format the column to add the +0200 in the column as well or is it ok to just have the time zone in the Parameters template and have the column format for example as: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss

It is okay to just have the time zone in the Parameters row of the template. That will be enough information. You don't need to repeat it in subsequent rows, however, that's not banned. If you enter time zones in both the “Parameters” row and the “Conversion time” column, the time zone in the “Conversion time” will be used.

You also mentioned that your data import failed. Actually there are too many possible reasons, ad I do not want to make a guesswork. Is otherwise everything okay that is listed as requirement on the help page you linked to above? Are the conversions less than 90 days old? Is auto-tagging enabled in your AdWords account? Does your website lead tracking system store gclid values? Etc. Etc.

Best,
Lakatos