AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking multiple transactions of a single client

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi! I have a question about dynamic variable use in conversion tracking code. If I add a dynamic variable to adwords conversion tracking code (which would represent a shopping cart total), am i going to see the revenue for multiple purchases or just for the first one? For example. The client registers and makes a purchase (1 one-per-click conversion, 1 many-per-click conversion and 100$ is added to value column). The other day this particular client returns to the website through a bookmark and makes a second purchase (this time 25$), and now we have 1 one-per-click conversion, 2 many-per-click conversions and what about the value? Is it 100 or 125? So my question is: can i use this dynamic variable to count the revenue from multiple purchases of the same client? Or the only way to see the real adwords value in our situation is by using ecommerce tracking? 
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking multiple transactions of a single client

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I would prefer implementing the Ecommerce tracking code for more insights in terms of profit, revenue figures which you want to generate for your website products. Reason being this tracking is exclusively meant for the ecommerce websites and will help you with more insights in terms of overall business ROI for your individual products.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. I know that implementing ecommerce would be better solution, but still i would like to understand how these variables work when multiple transactions are made by the same client.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jevgenijus
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

If I am not mistaken, the conversion value corresponds to Conversion (many -per-click) instead of Conversion (1-per-click). When you go to Tools and Analysis>> Conversions Tab>>you can see the value you are getting will match your Conversion(many-per-click) numbers and there is no conversion(1-per-click) column there.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Pankaj is correct, in case there was any doubt!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

Great Ideas from Pankaj above.

Also if you are looking to track revenue and transactions from each client you acquire you should think if using custom variables in analytics along with ecom tracking

http://cutroni.com/blog/2011/06/14/5-google-analytics-custom-variables-for-ecommerce/

This link will be a great help.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog