AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking multiple links within a newsletter for Custom Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've started tracking the links sent out in our weekly newsletter. I labeled each link as Link1, Link2..and so on using UTM_content. However when I tried retrieving data today, it could only track Link1. I checked the newsletter draft and the custom URL was only working for the first link. All the other links didn't have any of the parameters I set. Did I do something wrong? Your help would be appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking multiple links within a newsletter for Custom Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Angelica
I assume that you're talking about Google Analytics. This is the AdWords forum. I participate over on the GA forum too so I'll answer this here anyway.

You'll need to contact your newsletter designer to have them make sure the links were entered into the HTML properly. Try pasting each link into the URL bar of your browser (and hit enter) to make sure that they're working.

If not, open a thread on the GA forum here : https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics and include the URLs that you're using and we'll be able to investigate further.

Hope that helps.

Re: Tracking multiple links within a newsletter for Custom Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Did you follow the method explained here for using URL Builder correctly:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

utm_content is mainly to differentiate ads or links that point to the same URL as per the help center reference.

As Dave said above, if still you were not able to track the details of your links in Google Analytics, it's better to re-post over Analytics forum.

Pankaj