AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking multiple conversions, but far less sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I am facing an issue where I am getting far more conversions than I have sales.

I can not figure out why this is the case. Are the conversions also tracking the goals I placed in analytics?

Thank you in adanced.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neil N
March 2017

Tracking multiple conversions, but far less sales

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Neil N,

That depends on whether you are importing those goal completions as conversions. Go to your conversions. Look for imported goals as conversions. If you find it there, remove it.

That may not be your problem, but it is a place to start.

Question: Are you using the AW conversion code or Tag Manger?  Are you possibly using both? Do you have the AW conversion code on more than one page?

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Tracking multiple conversions, but far less sales

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello Neil,

you can double check in your AdWords account -> Tools(upper menu) -> Conversions. There you will see every single conversion that might be counted to your conversion counts for your campaigns.

When you open any of these conversions you will see setting that says: Include in ‘Conversions’ and make sure you dont count conversions twice from multiple sources or you do not include conversion data you do not want to.

Tomáš