AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking leads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I added the google conversion tracking code on my PPC landing pages initially instead of the confirmation page after form submission (conversion). Now I see 2 conversions in my adwords account but no email notification (which I got for 2 other leads) and no entry in my CRM for them. 

Can someone help me understand why it shows conversions for leads I got no notification from? The other common thing between them is the device - Mobile, although my form works fine on it and I get notification for submissions from there.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mexico B
June 2016

Re: Tracking leads

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mexico,

AdWords conversion tracking code suppose to be added on "Thank you" page. So when user filled form it's automatically forwarded to the Thank you page and count as conversion.

Now, in your case, You have added adwords conversion tracking code on you landing page so whenever user click on your ad and land on your landing page, it will count as conversion.

You just need to add the conversion code on your Thank-You page and adwords tracking will be start.

Regards,

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a promotional link in your signature. Thank you for your understanding.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi,

The conversion tracking code is so placed on the thankyou page or the success page to track if the user has performed the valuable task(signup, form fill up, purchase, download) after landing on the webpage via ads.

If you will use the tracking code directly on the landing page then it means every click will be recorded as conversion whether user has performed that valuable action or not.
So you will not get any email as the form has not been filled but it will be recorded as a conversion.

So you need to remove the tracking code from the landing page and place it on the thankyou page.
It will solve your problem.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thankyou. I did add the code yesterday to thank-you page but here I was
confused about the old data where the code was pasted wrongly in the
landing page.

So, due to this mistake, the clicks which brought users land on my page are
shown as conversion? right ..?

Warm Regards,
Mexico Bariatric Services

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thankyou Archit. I got it. Its actually the clicks to my landing page that are shown as conversions, as the code was initially on LP and not thankyou.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Exactly.
Also, I request you not to share personal information(website url) within the thread as it is against the community guidelines.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’