AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking goals / goal completion location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, hope you could help me.

In Analytics under Goals, I can see Goal Completion location (which is a list of websites that my site directs to). Whenever someone clicks on one of these links, it shows up as a goal.

How do I create a custom report that allows me to see which PPC keyword, together with cost (and ad group and campaign) drove a goal (but more importantly, the actual website, i.e. Goal completion location)?

Re: Tracking goals / goal completion location

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Paul,
I think this question is probably better suited for the Google Analytics Forum. The link for that is here: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics

However, since I think I know what you're getting at I may be able to help. Set up your custom report to display the metrics "Click" "Cost" "Visit" "Goal [insert goal number here] Completions." Then only use the dimensions Campaign, Ad Group, Keyword (if you need drill-down capabilities). If you don't need drill-down then just set the dimension as keyword. Under the filter make sure you include medium exact cpc. If you didn't break the events out separately as goals then you'll need to do that and make sure that each goal is unique by the website the user is clicking on. On the far more manual (and less accurate) side of all of this build a custom paid keyword report that matches the click and cost data that you want to the visit data in analytics. See the two screen captures below for how these reports might look.

Custom Report Paid vs Visit 1.JPGEvent vs Visit.JPG

Now you have a few things to do to better understand the value from your paid efforts. First is to download both sets of information into a CSV. Next, merge the information into one workbook. Insert a few columns and then enter in a formula that enters the merged keyword data set when it matches the keyword from the original set. Run some custom calculations and you can see about what percent of spend ends in one of the desired events.