AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking downloads of mobile app

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,

I have setup a campaign to track downloads of a mobile app, but looks like there is something missing because i am not able to track the iOS downloads.  Can anyone help plzzz.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking downloads of mobile app

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Bana,

Thanks so much for your question. 

1. It could take 24 hours for your conversion data to populate. If it has been more than 24 hours proceed to 2. 
  2. Were you able to follow these instructions in regards to setting up conversion tracking for iOS downloads? 

If both of those are true, let me know and we can try something else. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply Shanea,

Actually it's been a while since I've launched the campaign and still no conversions for iOS whereas Android downloads are being tracked.
I was wondering if I would need the help of a developer in order to execute the second option you have mentioned, as there as some points that aren't quite clear.

Thank you for your help

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Have you done this already? I assume that you have but if not:

Follow the steps below to track downloads of an iOS application.

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Tools tab and select Conversions.
  3. Click the + Conversion button.
  4. Name your conversion, select "App download" and click Save and continue.
  5. Choose the "iOS" mobile platform and click Save and continue.
  6. Choose whether someone else makes changes to your code, you do it, or you use an app analytics software to track downloads. Depending on your choice, you'll be given technical instructions.

See detailed technical instructions for either installing tracking code or setting up a server-to-server conversion feed in our Conversion Tracking for iOS guide.

I don't know how your app is set up or what your skill level is so using a developer would be up to you. But if you need assistance just let me know and we can get it figured out. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Shanea,

Looks like I have to implement the SDK into the application's settings in order to be able to track it's performance. In order to do that, which would need the assistance of a developer as i do not have access to that. Does that make sense?

Thank you for your help.