AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking convertion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! We have several months trying to track the convertions of our platform. We had configure the objective, wich is working fine, since it register the convertion. However, i'm loosing the source/media of the convertion, appers to come from the paying method webpage. We did tag the thankyou page, and everything, but the source of the convertion seems to get lost in the paying process (outside of our site). To enlight a little bit letme explain some things. We are a streaming platform, an OTT, we deliver content on web,iOS, and Android. We are suscription based model, so is a must lern where are these suscriptions coming from. The user lands on our site, when she/he decides to suscribe, they are taken to the client manager (outside our domain), then is sent to the paing method, then comes back to the client manager, where the thankyou page occurs. We suspect that the tracking get lost somewhere in the path, we try some scripts for multidomain tracking, but honestly, is not working at all. I really need some help on it, in order to enhance the ROI

Re: Tracking convertion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nelson,

You could set up a page that appears right before the user goes to the payment method (after they click "subscribe"), with an automatic redirect to the payment method page, and track in Analytics the source that leads to that page. Of course, not everyone who clicks on the "subscribe" button will subscribe, so these aren't true conversions per se.

However, you can compare final conversions from the Thank You page to these redirect page "conversions" to see the amount of drop off. And if the difference is not significant, then you could use the source that funnels people to the redirect page as the source for the conversions. Again, not 100% accurate, but one possible solution.