AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking conversions happening on other sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Can I track conversions made by my visitors that happen on a different website? For example, if you sell tickets online and you have a button to "buy ticket", that purchase is finalized on a 3rd party website. Is there any way to link those conversions to adwords?

How have you done this? One way I can think of is using an affiliate link, but I need to be able to attribute the conversion data to keywords, ads, etc.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Tracking conversions happening on other sites

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mihai S,

If that 3rd party website will place your AdWords conversion code on their site or return the purchaser to a thank you page on your web site that includes the conversion code, yes.

The AdWords conversion code works with a 3rd party cookie, meaning it will work no matter what web site it appears on.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mihai S,

If that 3rd party website will place your AdWords conversion code on their site or return the purchaser to a thank you page on your web site that includes the conversion code, yes.

The AdWords conversion code works with a 3rd party cookie, meaning it will work no matter what web site it appears on.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your quick response.

Do you know if PayPal has an option to redirect the user after a payment?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mihai,

Are you using a shopping cart? If so, you are likely able to set up the payment steps in these three formats:

• Take the visitor to paypal to login and confirm payment. Then they are finished - they can leave from Paypal
  • Take the visitor to paypal to login and bring them back to your site to confirm their purchase/donation. They leave from your site.
  • Embed the paypal login options into your page, so that the visitor doesn't have to leave your site at all until their purchase is complete.

If you aren't using a shopping cart, I'm not sure there is a way to bring visitors back to your site from Paypal.

Hope this helps!