AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking conversions from different campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have 2 campaigns running A and B.

These 2 campaigns target different cities C1 and C2.

A : Targets C1 (excluded C2)

B: Targets C2 (excluded C1)

Both campaigns have same landing page and same enquiry submit page.

My landing page has an enquiry form with city as drop down box.

And drop down box has C1,C2 and other cities.

If user comes from the campaign A, he may select the city C2 though its excluded in location targeting.

And if  comes from the campaign B, he may select the city C1 though its excluded in location targeting.

Now I want to define a conversion so that I would come to know which campaign led to conversions with city C1 and which campaign led to conversions with city C2.

I know, Geographic performance will not give me correct data as user for campaign A is not coming from geo location of city C2 though he is picks up C2 from drop down box.

Multiple goals too does not seem to solve the problem.

Tried something like-

Campaign--> Dimensions --> View --> Conversions --> Conversion tracking purpose --> Click on Create --> download the report.

But it will show only one conversion type I have defined.

Please note, I don’t have access to Google Analytics to import goals.

I already have looked at the few threads here with multiple conversion tracking, importing goals from GA to adwords etc but to no avail.

Any precise suggestions? Please help.

Re: Tracking conversions from different campaigns

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

There are several ways to achieve this but the simplest one would be to create 2 conversion types as C1 and C2.

Then you can pass on the value of the drop down in session to your thank you page and depending on the value of your drop down you should fire the code representing C1 or C2, or you can just have 2 different thankyou pages for your cities.

Hope that makes sense

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog