AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking conversion by tracking redirecting user to another website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to AdWords and I have just created an online store. All the items shown on my website are not my products, but from Zazzle. Therefore, I suppose my conversion would be when a customer actually clicks on the "Buy Now" button, which will then redirect the customer to a particular Zazzle store.

What I want to know is, do I just take the tracking code from Google Adwords and put it into every "Buy Now" button? From what I have read, do I need a thank you page where once the customer clicks on "Buy Now", they will be redirected to a thank you page which might say"redirecting you to Zazzle now" before being directed to Zazzle?

Hope someone can help me out with clear instructions. I really have no idea on how to track conversions. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking conversion by tracking redirecting user to another websit

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

To put on code on buy button on your website doesn't make sense because you will never know how many transaction made via users. From my experience following can be done:

you can probably get them to add your AdWords tracking code on their order receipt or confirmation page (shown conditionally, when your cookie is stored).

Tracking conversion by tracking redirecting user to another website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh okay. So that's not possible. The thing is that I've set up my website on Wix and it seems that putting a conversion tracking code is not possible. I'm trying to figure out what conversion and I track since I am redirecting the customers from my website to another.

Re: Tracking conversion by tracking redirecting user to another websit

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The first thing I would recommend is that you talk to Zazzle - just about everyone who sends them traffic wil be wanting to track their sales, so they've probably got a solution for this already - if you can avoid reinventing the wheel, so much the better.

If there isn't a soliution, and you are left needing to track clicks on your Buy Now button, you should look at implementation through Google Tag Manager - it's not for the beginner, but it's not that tricky either - just a bit of a steep learning curve.

The other alternative is to add event tagging to your buttons, but that is perhaps the most tricky option as it requires editing the html of your page and within Wix, I'm not sure how easy that is going to be...

found this o0n the Zazzle website .- hope it helps:

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/sell/designers/tutorials/googleanalytics