AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking chat sessions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

A client of mine is interested in treating chat sessions as a conversion in GA. I found a couple articles about using event tracking to accomplish this but they were a few years old. Is this still a workable solution?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking chat sessions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

It is still a valid method.  I'd personally go the Google Tag Manager route. You can find a wealth of information on the subject in its official forum:  https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/tag-manager/live$20chat

Re: Tracking chat sessions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Jack_K,

The solutions provided in the forum link you listed are still valid. You can use the event tracking and use the category, and other labels that make this event unique. You can also use the Google Tag Manager implementation model as well to fire based upon when events occur and can confirm this method by using the "preview and debug" mode in Google Tag Manager or with the Google Tag Assistant extension available in google chrome.

Let me know if this helps!

Nick