AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Youtube Subscriptions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a Youtube Partner and would like to track cpc for actual channel subscriptions. I can track traffic to our channel and see the sources but not sure how to track actual subscriptions.  We are using this link to our youtube channel from the ad to bring the user to the channel and activate a popup "subscribe" button.  I want to see our cpc for those clicking "subscribe".

http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=namedotcom

Thanks!

Re: Tracking Youtube Subscriptions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Randall,

It depends on the channel you are driving the traffic from, if you are driving traffic from video ads on Adwords then you should be able to track the subscriptions from Adwords interface by adding a column to show subscription, or you can see the subscriptions segmented by source on YouTube Analytics (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1714347?hl=en&ref_topic=3029004).

Otherwise if you are serving Ads from outside Adwords then you will have to work on this manually and the formulas to calculate that would be :

CPC = Cost / Clicks
Cost per subscription = Cost/Subscriptions

Thanks,

Muhannad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks Muhannad,
Seems the key line in your solution is "adding a column to show subscription." Can you describe this a bit more? Are you telling me that I can add a column "subscription" which will be the incremental subscriptions to our youtube channel directly as a result of the Ad? that would be great but don't know how to do that. Regarding your youtube analytics link, that is just the analytics link within the tools that we have as a youtube partner. It does nothing in terms of tracking actual subscribers as a result of an ad campaign.

thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Randall,

Sorry for the late reply, adding a column for earned subscribers is the solution for you in this case, to do so please follow the below steps :

1- Go to AdWords for Video campaigns tab.
2- find the columns button on top of the page to the left.
3- from columns choose customize columns.
4- from customize columns choose earned actions.
5- from earned actions choose earned subscribers, click add then save.

This video will help you further : http://adwords.blogspot.ae/2013/12/understanding-impact-with-earned.html

Thanks,

Muhannad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This still doesn't fully answer the question I have about this. That column is not available is many areas of the Adwords site. For example, I've spent hours trying to figure out if my earned subscriptions are coming from men or women and have given up. If I could use 'click-through' to measure subscriptions, it appears I'd be able to answer that simple question. Ideally, I'd like more specific information about who is subscribing... What day of the week are we getting the most subscriptions, what hours of the day, what age groups, what targeted placements/countries etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mr. Randall,

I have a small question please, how can I create this popup subscribe button to my channel?

Thank You

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We followed!! Youmindreturningthe Favor!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Muhannad, just wondering on this earned subscribers metric. Will this also work if we're running a display or text ads (mGDN and AdMob) and that our landing page is to our YouTube Channel subscribe button list? Because when i tried to look at my previous display and text ads campaign, the earned subscribers is very minimal (but they dont have YT subscription channel as the landing page). Just to give you a background, I currently have a campaign in which looking at increase the number of YT Channel Subscribers so wondering if this metrics work on mGDN and AdMob too. Thanks