AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Video Campaigns in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Can someone please point me in the right direction to see how to track my AdWords video campaigns back into Analytics?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Video Campaigns in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think if you are using auto tagging feature inside Adwords account, you should be able to view the campaigns statistics inside Google Analytics which includes any ad formats like video ads, image ads, text ads etc...

You can find more info related to measuring image and video ads in this reference.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is precisely the problem... all of my AdWords campaigns are readily viewable in Analytics - except the video campaigns... it would appear that because I don't have my tracknig code on the you Tube apge (obviously) then the tracking from the Adwords cmapgin back to my site is lost.

I cannot see where I can access the data for my video campaign visitors.

Regular account linking and autotagging doesn't do it automatically as I had hoped it would.

Perhaps I'm looking on the wrong place within Analytics - could you explain (as if I were a four year old, ha ha) where to look for this data

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

I can only say for the time being that your video campaign will attribute visits data under Google Analytics only if somebody would have really moved on from the video ad to your website. Because remember it's the visit data and not click data which you get to see in your Adwords interface and I hope you are well aware of the fact that clicks are different from visits which are measured under Google Analytics.

I would also say to give it sometime and see the data may be after 1 week or so in Analytics. 

Just a thought!

Pankaj