AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Vanity URLs that forward to an outside site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I work for a direct selling company (aka MLM). I have a few vanity URLs that I use to forward to my company site. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the coding in my company site to add any tracking code. But I would like to know which vanity URLs are performing the best. I know I can set up a campaign URL using the builder, but that doesn't help me since I don't see the source on the company site. Is there a way to track vanity URLs that get forwarded to an outside site?

Example:

My site is company.com/myname

I own xyz.com, myname.com, and abc.com.

Right now xyz.com forwards to company.com/myname-page1, and abc.com forwards to company.com/myname-page2

But I can't track how many people clicked on each domain so I can't decide which ones to renew/advertise.

The only thing I can think is to use one domain that I own, myname.com, and have all of the vanity domains forwarded to myname.com, and then have myname.com forward to company.com/myname.  This is not ideal because then every vanity domain has to forward to the same place... 

Anything I'm missing?
Thanks!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tracking Vanity URLs that forward to an outside site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Corina D,

Is this AdWords traffic? If so, you should be able to get a report of clicks on each ad and each keyword within the AdWords UI.

Recording conversions is another story. If you can't place tracking code on company.com, recording conversions will be very difficult or not possible at all.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords