AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone tell me the difference between Value Tracking & Manually tagging URLs.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Tracking URL

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

You can use ValueTrack parameters if you are doing manual tagging.  They are not mutually exclusive.  Maybe what you're really looking for is the difference between manual tagging and auto-tagging?  If that's the case, see if this helps:

http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55590

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kanishtha,

I guess this would depend slightly on what exactly you are using tracking for.

ValueTrack is a preset tool for tagging. You can find out about the preset parameters here.

Also, here is a good thread regarding ValueTrack.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, Kanishtha.

I see 3 main differences between Value Tracking (V.T.) & Manually Tagging(M.T.):

1. M.T. provides not so much information as V.T. 

2. M.T. is easier to use in Google Analytics. You can find these parameters almost in every report of GA.

3. When you use M.T., you'll see the URL parameters which you wrote (manually). But when you use V.T., you'll see the URL parameters which were filled automatically

Hope, you understood my English Smiley Happy

Goog luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. But I want to know if they do the same thing (Value Tracking & Manual Tagging) or they are different from each other. They both have different tracking codes. In adwords help, it looks they are used for the same purpose. Can you please differentiate between Value Tracking & Manual Tagging.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you provide some more information on this topic or more difference between VT & MT.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

You can use ValueTrack parameters if you are doing manual tagging.  They are not mutually exclusive.  Maybe what you're really looking for is the difference between manual tagging and auto-tagging?  If that's the case, see if this helps:

http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55590

Tracking URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone tell me the difference between Value Tracking and Manually Tagging URL's.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kanishtha,

Please refer this Link to know more about Value Tracking.

-Raghu