AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Specific Products for PLAs in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can see overall revenue for my PLA campaigns in Google Analytics, but I'd like to bid up/down by product.

Currently, I can drill down into my PLA ad group and get as granular as keywords. However, keywords are listed like this:

category_l1==###&+category_l2==####&+category_l3==####&+category_l4==####

Is it possible to view this data with the actual category and product names as they're listed within AdWords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Specific Products for PLAs in Google Analytics

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Luc,

Thanks for your question. Currently there is no specific product level reporting provided within AdWords. However there are two options to obtain this data:

1. In order to report on product level the adwords_redirect attribute can be used to give each product a unique URL, these can then be used for reporting via Analytics or 3rd party tracking.
    Please note that no impression data will be reported.
  2. They can also implement product level reporting within the current AdWords interface by creating product targets. One example here would be using the “id” attribute. In this case the reporting within AdWords will be broken down per product level and they will see impression data.

For more information, click here.

Hope that helps.