AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Google Display Network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I am tracking the PLACEMENT parameter of url in display network, I see that the placement value from the APP media of google’s placement report is “mobileapp::1-XXXXX”or “mobileapp::2-XXXXX”;but see the reply placement value of my database is “mbappxxx.com” or “xxx.Adsenseformobileapps.com” or “xxxmobileapp.xxx.com” ; so why and how can I match them?

Re: Tracking Google Display Network

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Kristy K,

How are you tracking the placement URLs? Are you just saying that what the placement report shows you doesn't matter an internal tracking system you have?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi, Coco,
i am tracking the placement by the placement={placement} in my url ; and when i downloaded the placement report from google's adwords label about "placement of display network" , i could see the result of placement.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi, Coco,

The Google report includes two parts of placement: "Placement" and "Criteria Display Name"; and the "Criteria Display Name" is like "Mobile App: Bike Racing Deluxe (Google Play), by pear studios" and the same "Placement" is "mobileapp::2-com.game.bikeracing" ; but in my database, i can't see the results by the value of {placement} parameter;

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Kristy,

Are you doing this through the AdWords API or are you using some sort of ValueTrack parameters?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi, CoCo,
no API and sort of ValueTrack ; i am working for one company and use my company database;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi, Coco
we just do that like other normal companies by URL tracking code.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi, Coco
we just do that like other normal companies by URL tracking code. and the problem only appeared at APP display network.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Kristy,

Sorry to keep following up with more questions, but I'm just not sure where you're seeing the discrepancy. It sounds like you're downloading a report from AdWords (can you let me know which one, maybe include a screenshot?) and the placement URLs there are not matching your internal tracking system's parameters. Is that right?

Since I don't know how your internal system is set up, I'm not sure if the placement values will ever match, but maybe if you can answer the above questions, I'll be able to shed more insight?

Again, sorry for all the questions, just want to try to understand your issue.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, Coco,
it is so nice of you and thank you very much;

Now the preliminary analysis is that the Difference Tracking method between Google admob ads and Google adwords ads;

so, i just got the return value of placement parameter from Google admob in my database, but i got another return value from Google adwords in Google report even though i used the only one tracking url.
then ,i can see two kinds of return value ; i can't match them too.

the solution is that Google make sure that the analysis of Google adwords is accord with Google admob.

we already submitted it to Google and  thanks you again.