AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Finance Sales Figures in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Our Adwords account tracks sales and revenue however a lot of our products are paid for through finance which currently doesn't get tracked in Adwords. Finance being a 0% loan - at the point of sale the visitor is taken off the site to an external site where their credit application gets decided. When accepted they are taken back to the site. However, the issue we have is that adwords doesn't track these finance sales because the person is taken off the site then brought back again, losing the information of the sale. 

Is there a way to track these finance revenue figures in adwords? Or any workaround for this? Would be great to get this info in Analytics as well which also doesn't currently track finance sales and figures

Thanks

Simon

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Finance Sales Figures in Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Simon,
Best bet is to use Google Analytics eCommerce tracking along with Google Tag Manager. More details can be found here - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/enhanced-ecommerce

It's important that you set up cross domain tracking too otherwise the data will not come back correctly. You need to speak to a developer about this as it can be quite tricky.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Simon, what page does a successful sign-up come back to on your site?  As long as your conversion tracking (be it AdWords, Analytics or Tag Manager, as Dave has said) is firing on that page it should still register the conversion.

Or is it that you're losing the value of the sale?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If you can post a complete walkthrough of your conversion process along with expected results and actual results, we should be able to pinpoint the problem area and help get your tracking working correctly again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the helps guys. Apologies for the delay.

I've looked into it a bit more and i believe Adwords is actually tracking the conversion from the finance accept page but the not the value. Going into Tools > Conversions i see multiple conversion tracking codes, one specifically for the finance accept page. Under source it says 'Analytics' so it must be using the Analytics conversion tracking code. Conversions appear beside this code but nothing appears under value.

Any insight in how to acquire value for each conversion would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Simon