AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Facebook "Likes" with Google AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can I track whether someone "Liked" a company's Facebook page (from directly within the platform) after clicking on a Google display ad?
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Tracking Facebook "Likes" with Google AdWords

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

You're not able to do this.

What you can do though is set up event tracking on the like button on your website which will pull through data into your Analytics account shwoing how many times the button was clicked.

Assuming you have AdWords and Analytics linked and have autotagging enabled. You can then look in Analytics to see how many people clicked the button who visited your website via Adwords.

Ryan.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

If you have a facebook app and a like button inside that app then the way suggested by RyanHoldaway will work. 

But if you are looking to track this for button on your page outside iframe and on facebook website. Then Sorry mate there is no way to do this Smiley Sad

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi BrianneCarlsrud,

Just a peronal opinion here, but I don't believe using AdWords to get Facebook page likes is a good strategy.

One of the problems you will face is that Google will only show one ad per display domain on any single SERP. That means you will be competing with everyone else who tries to do the same thing.

One significant problem is converting Facebook likes to actual value. Unless you are branding for a popular brand, I just don't see it ask good advertising strategy.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords