AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Different Conversion Same Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I m new to Conversion tracking with Adwords.

Currently we've used a conversion tracker for our search campaign with the objective to track sales.

Now we would like to run a remarketing campaign with the same objective, can i use the same tracker or do i need to insert in a new tracker?

Your help will be appreciated. 

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Re: Tracking Different Conversion Same Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello,

Yes, you can use the same script if the category of the action is same i.e. Sale. However, in case you want to track some other action like Sign up or Lead etc...then you can change the category and track it separately as well. More details here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095821

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi,

Hpoe you are going to start with RLSA(search remarketing).

As your objective is again sale and you have the same thank you/success page then no, there is no additional tracking required.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

We will be using the same Goal Page, however since its run with different campaign period we would prefer it to be seperated.

So i would say using the same tracker is fine? wouldn't adwords get confuse which one comes from search which one come from display? haha

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi

Just to put some light, if you are running only search campaign and want to start with display remarketing then display remarketing will be possible only if you add customer email list. As search network cookies can run RSLA and display network cookies can run only display remarketing.
For search remarketing you need to have minimum 1000 cookies(visitors) which display remarketing need 100 cookies to run the respective remarketing ads.

Now answers to your queries:
1) yes it is fine
2) The conversions from any campaign will be shown only to the corresponding campaign whether it is search, display or remarketing.
Else, there are various segments within adwords to track the network and other valuable parameters.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

pchou wrote:
Hi,

We will be using the same Goal Page, however since its run with different campaign period we would prefer it to be seperated.

So i would say using the same tracker is fine? wouldn't adwords get confuse which one comes from search which one come from display? haha

Hi Pchou,

In your case, you have same goal page, then there is no need to implement new conversion pixel in your website. Conversion code does not matter of duration of the campaigns, 

AdWords uses cookies and attribute the conversions to the corresponding campaigns, adgroup, keywords etc. e.g a sale has been recorded from a search keywords ABC of campaign XYZ, then AdWords will automatically attribute this to Search campaign XYZ and keywords ABC.

Thus one conversion pixel is fine until or unless your goal is only one.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your help. Let me try it out