AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Conversions with Thank You Panel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I'd like to set up some Adwords tracking on a thank you page that loads without the actual URL changing. My IT guy is calling it a Thank You Panel and claims that he made this work with Java Script in the past. Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Tracking Conversions with Thank You Panel

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi naics,

If your web guy is using ajax to return the "thank you page", and it sounds like he is, that won't work. In doing this, neither the script nor the noscript portions of the code supplied by AdWords will recored your conversion. Javascript delivered this way does not run.

The thing to do is return only the image part of the conversion code with the content. That will record the conversion. And I do mean only the image part, not any of the script or noscript tags, just the coded image.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Naics,

I don't know what exactly your web developer is going to do, but you can test whether conversion tracking working or not after inserting the conversion tracking code. For this you need to click on your ad and then fill the contact form or do purchase what ever step you need to do to reach thank you page and then check after few hours (4-8 hours) is it showing in adwords or not. If not then it's not working.

Dinesh
My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The thank you page is dynamically generated. There really isn't a page to put the conversion code on.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello.

The programmer needs to output that AdWords conversion script, including the conversion value, in the page HTML, if the conversion has happened. Copy the script, send it to him, and tell him that the thank you page needs to render that script if the visitor has converted. She/he should know what to do with it.

Good luck.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi naics,

If your web guy is using ajax to return the "thank you page", and it sounds like he is, that won't work. In doing this, neither the script nor the noscript portions of the code supplied by AdWords will recored your conversion. Javascript delivered this way does not run.

The thing to do is return only the image part of the conversion code with the content. That will record the conversion. And I do mean only the image part, not any of the script or noscript tags, just the coded image.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords