AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Conversions For Hotel On I-Frame

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am working on the website thehotelcascada.com and we are trying to track e-commerce conversions properly. The booking engine on the website is i-framed onto the site from gc.synxis.com. Previously, almost all conversions were being classified as self-referrals. We made some coding changes trying to fix it, but it made it worse and now no conversions are being tracked.

Does anyone know what we need to do to track conversions from this i-frame? We have tried cross-domain tracking, and tracking across i-frames and they didn't work, but my developer could've made a mistake. Another thing I've heard about is event tracking, but I'm not sure how this would work when the URL never changes on the booking page even when you confirm your order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Conversions For Hotel On I-Frame

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Trevor G

I had this issue  about 2 years ago.  The way the programmer resolved it was redirecting the user back to a "thank you" page, immediately after completing the transaction.  The conversion code was installed on the thank you page.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Tracking Conversions For Hotel On I-Frame

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
HI Trevor G,

Are you able to place your conversion code on the synxis site? That would be about the only way to get this done other than Moshe's suggestion to have the cart return to a thank you page on your own site.

If you're using the GA code to track conversions, you'll need to do the cross-domain tracking thing, and you need to be able to place corresponding code in the iFrame.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords