AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Conversions Across Subdomains

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several stores on my site structured as such (on the magento platform).

www.xyz.com/us

www.xyz.com/uk

www.xyz.com/jp

I have ad campaigns setup for each store.

I presume If I add the conversion code to the checkout page or the final thank you page it would show all purchases as conversions for the store whose code I used. 

So how do I go about tracking conversions in this scenario so I know I can track conversions storewise?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Conversions Across Subdomains

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sur

You can do this through Google Analytic and import those goals in to adwords, But what i usually do s use analytic it self in measure the revenue and performance of each subdomain level, There is no direct way to do this with one click. But I think this article will help you do configure your analytic account properly

http://www.ericmobley.net/guide-to-tracking-multiple-subdomains-in-google-analytics/

Re: Tracking Conversions Across Subdomains

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sur,

Based on what you have mentioned, these are sub directories and not sub domains. So you won't need to check cross/multi domain tracking.
Analytics is certainly the best option to import the conversion and assess the revenues as Nisal mentioned.

But still if you want to track the conversions only using the adwords, you can use same conversion code which will give you campaign wise conversions.

Because from Adwords tools if you create a conversion and add it on thank you pages of all stores, conversions will be tracked for the campaigns which received the clicks and you will be able to see conversions in those campaigns for ad groups, ad copies, keywords etc. So can expect such data using adwords-

adwords-data.jpg

If you want to further check the user behaviour you may need to look into details like assisted clicks etc.

You may provide more details to suggest further if this does not help.

Cheers

SJ