AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Conversations in a Dynamic Subdomain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guys!

Im looking for a solution to track conversations. I have the folowing domains:

www.pedro.com - This is the domain where the Adwords will send traffic

dynamic.pedro.com - This is a subdomain that will be created everytime someone goes to the free trial. For example I set my subdomain as google.pedro.com

How can I track this type of conversations? The real challenge here is the fact that everytime someone registers a new subdomain will be created. Can I add the Adwords conversation tracking into this subdomain and Adwords will catch it? 

Thanks in advance for the time that your passing here.

My regards,

Pedro Pereira

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Conversations in a Dynamic Subdomain

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Pedro,

I'll take an initial stab at this one, but I'm sure others may have more detailed suggestions!

The AdWords conversion tracking code works by counting every time someone hits a page that contains the code. Usually it's a thank you or confirmation page which you can only reach by completing the action (in your case registering). Based on your set-up, I'm not sure you would be able to place this code on a dynamic page.

The other option is Google Analytics goal tracking, and destination goals in particular. If you have Analytics, and you can apply it across the site (including the sub domain), and set up a goal that will track when people hit a particular page. If you set up a destination goal using the "regular expression" option, I think you may be able to account for the changing subdomain. Full instructions on that here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1116091?hl=en&vid=1-635804637056346257-3453411133#matchT...

Does anyone have other suggestions?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey. I am also in a same situation but it is not related to adwords.

I actually use GTM, and sub-domains are being generated dynamically, but I want to track traffic to all sub-domains with same GTM code and I would would like to track the full URL so that I could see which Sub-Domain is being visited the most and which are not being visited.

How can achieve it with GA and GTM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @CassieH,

Can you please shed some light on the issue I mentioned?

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Khem,

This section of the community is devoted specifically to questions about AdWords. Please post your question in the Analytics boards to get the quickest answer: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics/ct-p/Google_Analytics

Thanks!
Cassie